Saturday, December 18, 2010

My kind of Saturday...

Today was my kind of Saturday. Nothing pressing to do, nowhere important to go. Brant and Ellie played with Rhett from 6:30am until 8am and I got to sleep in! No wonder it was a good day! Next, I got to go on my first postpartum run...Sara and I, with Buoy and Daisy in tow, headed out for the first adventure since having the boys. It felt super weird not to have a baby with me! But it also felt awesome to run. Be advised that I'm using the term "run" quite loosely...more of walk/run intervals, but nonetheless we've got to start somewhere and today was the day.

Brant and Ellie played card games and Rhett slept while I was running - it was perfect. Then Ellie and I made her first gingerbread house. It was fun!! She kept saying "when can I lick the frosting?"...there was a lot of finger licking and plenty of candy disappeared. She is so proud of her creation!


Rhett helped from his throne

Tonight we went to the Werner's for our annual gift exchange! Ellie was so excited she couldn't wait!!! She was quite annoyed with me for asking her to sit on the couch for a picture before we left...I'm sure it won't be the last time we don't see eye to eye.

We really are so lucky to have such great friends - the girls couldn't get along better. There is always so much squealing and giggling...they just can't get enough of each other. They were really too busy for pictures, but the boys were our captive audience!!


Milo and Rhett

No comments: