Sunday, December 21, 2008

Check out our Christmas feng shui...


Here's our Christmas tree - the first live one we've ever had. Friday after I left work (early...) I came home and rearranged the living room to maximize space and minimze clutter - Brant came home and didn't recognize the place. What's really funny to me is that Ellie didn't notice anything, or at least she didn't say anything. I guess all she cares about is the presents under the tree and when we can open them. And yes, I do realize I cut off the top of our tree. That would be because we don't have a tree toppper yet...we're waiting for the after Christmas sales so we can get an awesome one for a discounted price!

We also got stockings this year and hung them on our "mantle"... I took Ellie to work with me on Thursday for our Yankee Swap and one of my coworkers asked her if we had a chimney for Santa to come down. She didn't know what a chimney was, but I explained that this year Santa would have to come through the front door. Why do people do stuff like that? Just to torture little kids? To see what they're going to say? Maybe it was innocent, but living in San Diego the majority of people don't have a fire place (or at least I like to think that) so why ask? OK - I was just corrected by Brant...he says that most people do have fire places...I still don't agree but we'll just agree to disagree on this trivial point.
Anyway, now you can see our Christmas decor.

No comments: