Monday, December 29, 2008

Ellie funnies...

Nana has been here since Friday night, and Ellie is eating up every second of the attention. She got to have a second Christmas morning, opening up all the presents from Nana and debuting the rest of her loot. Here's some of the funny things she's been saying lately:
***Remember that my mom (Mimi) calls Ellie "Babylove" and she has taken to calling herself that as well***
- On Christmas Eve we were at church and went up to say hello to our pastor and his wife. When the pastor's wife said "Hello Ellie - it's nice to see you" Ellie replied "I'm not Ellie, I'm just Babylove" Needless to say poor Carol Harris didn't really know how to respond.
- Now that Nana has been here for a few days, she's been calling Ellie "Darlin'". Yesterday I said "Oh I love you so much Ellie!" and she replied "I'm not Ellie - I'm just a Darlin'". This poor child is going to have an identity crisis before she's 3!
- Ellie has been taking a lot of showers with Momma lately, mostly to speed things up. When I shave my legs she wants a razor to do it too, but of course she doesn't get one. She says "Momma - I want to shave my legs too" I say "Ellie - razors are only for Momma's - you can't have one" She says "OK - I'll just shave my legs with my pom-pom (this is what normal people call a loofah)" So she proceeds to pretend to shave her legs. This is somewhat scary since she's only 2 and I know we'll happen upon the day when she really does want to shave her legs sooner than Brant or I would like...
Today Brant and I went on a hike at Cowles Mountain. It was such a beautiful day - 75degrees and sunny. We are taking advantage of the built in babysitter we have while Nana is here, and Ellie is loving the extra attention. We are building up for saying FAREWELL TO THE BITE - that is what Ellie calls her pacifiers. We figure that once Nana is gone and she gets back into her normal schedule of daycare and such that we'll package up the "bites" and mail them to baby Brenner. After all - she's such a big girl now that she's potty trained (except for overnight - that's over rated anyway...) that she shouldn't need them!
That's all for now - gotta get ready for a wild night of Two and a Half Men! I love that show!

No comments: