Poor Brant and Ellie are both sick. Brant just has a pretty bad cold, but nonetheless he still feels pretty bad. Ellie has had a cold all week, but Thursday night she coughed all night long. I finally gave her cough medicine at 4:45am, and she slept until 7am when she seemed absolutely fine. No fever, no cough, no nothing. So off she went to daycare. Then yesterday Brant and I picked her up together and we went grocery shopping as a family (don't be jealous - that is FUN on a Friday night!) The poor girl couldn't stop coughing, and I don't mean a little. She was hacking and then would tell us that it hurt. Well of course it hurts her little throat...I wish it was me coughing instead of her. Last night we gave her cough medicine before she ever went to bed, but of course it wore off after 4 hours. At 3:45am we heard her throwing up in her crib... how lovely. She was devastated, saying "Momma - I frow up in my bed! On my sheets! On my pee-low! Momma - you will clean it?!" We got her up and had her stand over the toilet because she was still spitting - I'm sure she had a horrid taste in her mouth. This is the first real throw up experience she's ever had. I know we've been lucky, but the poor girl just isn't a pro at it. It was in her hair, on her jammies - and these were her favorite Minnie Mouse jammies, so this was a big deal. We got her back to bed and she seems to be ok today. She's clearly not feeling on top of the world, but hasn't thrown up again. I think she was just coughing so hard that she gagged herself. Anyway, we'll need to work on how well she chews her food, because most of her dinner that came up looked like it did before she ate it...
Hope everyone else is doing well. All I can say is thank goodness for online shopping for Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment