Sunday, December 21, 2008

Not too much exciting to report...other than the fact that I'm off work for 2 weeks! Yippee! Ellie will be home from daycare and after Tuesday Brant will be off as well. This is one of the HUGE benefits of working for a biotechnology company...nearly all of them shut down between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day. I'm so excited for the time off - we all desperately need it.
Last night we went to look at Christmas lights, and that kind of turned into a disaster. There's a place called Jingle Bell Hill in El Cajon that was supposed to be amazing. Well, if you can wait through the hour long line to even get into the area, they're pretty cool. The problem is that once you get in the line it's even harder to get out and turn around. There were 2 houses that weren't even in the track of homes that were participating - they were a couple of blocks away and they were the best! The homes in the track were nicely decorated, but I think the big draw was that there was an entire subdivision lit up - not that any particular house was magnificent. We have a couple of other areas we want to check out, but now we're a little paranoid about what the crowd might be like. Imagine that - we're not the only people who want to see Christmas lights 4 days before Christmas....
Ellie is excited that Santa is coming. She's kind of having a hard time this holiday season...everything is overwhelming and over stimulating. It seems like all she wants to do it stay in her jammies and kick back at home. Well - don't we all... We've been trying to let her have a lot of down time in the mornings but she still fights us when it's time to get dressed and go somewhere.
Hope everyone else is done with their Christmas shopping. I'm done with everything I "have to" get, but it still feels weird to say that I'm completely done.
Gotta get ready for church - hope everyone has a great pre-Christmas week!

No comments: